This post takes a look at those temples of India which have been built in the form of Chariots. The list is as below:
- Pandhapandava Rathas, Mahabalipuram – built by Narasimha Varma I of Pallavas.
- Airavateshwara Temple, Darasuram – built by Cholas.
- Vittala swamy temple, Hampi – built by Vijayanagara rulers.
- Sun Temple, Konark – built by Kalingas.
- Sun Temple, Modhera – built by Solangis.
- Here the primary deity is in the chariot form.
- Chitragupta temple, Khajuraho – built by Chandela Rajputs.
- Here also, the primary deity (Sun God) is in the chariot form.